Monday, March 31, 2008
Aqueduct
Last spring, I got a song from KEXP stuck in my head ("Keep It Together") and had my first real introduction to Aqueduct. Quickly obsessed, I bought both of Terry's records, discovering that I actually knew people who played on them. Not long after, the Clusterfuck of 2007 happened, and Aqueduct became my guilt-ridden spokesband for despondency. "Lying In The Bed I've Made," "You'll Get Yours," "Living A Lie," and "Laundry Baskets" were on constant repeat. Sadly, the last song, the only one I can still handle listening to, has this off-pitch shrill drone that ruins it for me. But Aqueduct represented for me, at that time, my role in John's death and the appropriate suffering that was my share of the karmic retribution settled at my door. Like the bag of clothing resting at the foot of my bed, I'm not ready to get rid of all the baggage yet, physical or emotional.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment