Monday, March 24, 2008

The Pixies

A confession: I don't really care for The Pixies. I mean, I like them okay, and I understand their role in influencing many bands that I do truly like, but I'm kinda over them (to be perfectly honest, I never really got into it in the first place). I own so many albums because the Scooby boys were into them - I first stole some cds from Patrick, and then I bought the rest. Mike was into them and I magically had the cds, because I wanted to be cool and I wanted the greater Scooby circle (beyond Patrick and Justin, who I already knew) to like me. Mike was the last point in the trinity and I wanted to be fully ushered in to the Scooby inner sanctum, which was all I had after leaving university and moving home. Hence, The Pixies. However, I do like "Monkey Goes To Heaven," "Where Is My Mind?," and "Caribou." Little did I know that when I went to my only Sasquatch music festival, in May 2005 with Mike as my chaperon, that they would be headlining. Looking back on that show and the line-up, I would have seen very different bands were I to attend today. But it's all sort of full-circle, I suppose.

No comments: