Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American
2002-03, my room at The Rectory. It was clearly the former living room or library of the house; a big fireplace with mantle in the middle of the outside wall, four large windows, wood floors, and shelving around three of the four walls. Definitely top five biggest rooms on campus, and all mine. I listened to the same few cds the majority of the time that I lived there, with my loveseat perpetually covered in clothes and the makeshift king-sized bed. Living all isolated in the house definitely creeped me out, especially during holidays when campus was deserted - how I remember being alone on campus over Thanksgiving break, walking to the bakery during a blizzard, buying an entire pumpkin pie and eating it straight from the dish with a fork while watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer Slay-a-Thon on Thanksgiving day. It got dark around 4 pm, and I was totally freaked out, holed up in my room with all of the lights on in the house (sorry, global warming). This cd was my default for a big part of that year, the one that just lived in my stereo and was constantly playing, mostly because I couldn't be asked to change the cd. I recall sitting at my computer, IMing with Kate, and I can hear the intro to the first track in my head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment